Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's All About The Lions

You know how the saying goes... "In like a lion, out like a lamb."

March officially arrives in Utah in approximately 1.5 hours. Today has been windy. The kind of howling wind that is exciting and terrifying to listen to all at the same time. It's also been the kind of wind that is there one minute and gone the next. The Purple Dragon wanted to know what all the scary noises were, but was fine once I told her it was only the wind. She sings a song in music class called "My Lady Wind" and in it you make a lot of wind sounds, so it was pretty easy for her to understand.

Despite the wind, the temperature was actually quite warm. I expected it to be cold outside (it sounded cold), but it was almost 60 degrees. So it was an interesting and noisy day around here.

So while my house was surrounded by noisy wind that actually sounded a bit like lions with all its roaring and all, I was inside freaking out a bit about the impending lion birthday party. Honestly, I think everything is still under control (24 more days to plan, organize and prepare before the big day), but if I start thinking about it too much, I freak. On top of it all, I looked at the school calendar and realized that another child in The Pink Princess' class has a birthday on March 24 -- the day before the party. What this means is that there could be a potential party conflict. I sent the other Mom an email today letting her know what our plans were... on the off chance that her plans (if any) weren't set in stone. We'll see what happens. As much as we would love everyone to attend, we know that 100% attendance is not likely, and we're ok with that. What we would like to avoid is a situation where children are forced to choose what party they would like to attend. As I have already reserved our church for the party, I am hoping that we simply won't have a conflict.

I need to calm down and take things one step at a time. I am very overwhelmed at the moment, and for me, that means that I don't get anything done. I need to slow down, break things into baby steps, and relax! (Yeah, right!)

I have a lot more to talk about, but I'm not sure I'm ready to air my feelings publicly. So I guess I'll sign off, make my bed, and crawl into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus