Monday, June 04, 2007

The First Day Of Summer Vacation

The Princess had her last day of school on Friday. She was very sad that school was out for the year. Sad that her teacher was leaving, sad that she wouldn't see her friends almost every day, sad that she wouldn't be doing math (HA! Fooled you! She wasn't sad about that at all!), sad that she couldn't have chocolate milk every day for lunch. You get the idea.

I've been determined to not waste the entire summer away. I started "Mom's School" today. It was an interesting experience, but basically I kept the kids involved with activities of my choosing from 8 am until noon. It was exhausting!

We all got dressed, ate breakfast, and did the various grooming needs such as brushing teeth and combing hair. We made beds (well, mine didn't get made), we did laundry, we did math, we had story time, we played a game, we even accomplished our piano practicing! At noon, "Mom's School" was officially over. I made lunch for the girls, and then they had a bit of free time. Around 2:30 we headed over to the library and signed up for the "Summer Reading Program." Now the kids are lying on the floor watching a TV show - the FIRST one of the day!!! - and it's 4:15 (approx).

It was very busy, and I'm tired. But, I managed to keep the TV off for the majority of the day, plus The Princess practiced her math, and they both practiced the piano! That alone made it worthwhile. I'm going to try to keep this up all summer but it ain't gonna be easy. I rebel against any kind of routine. :)

Tonight, The Princess will go see "Thoroughly Modern Millie" with Grandma and Grandpa, after eating dinner at their house.

The Dragon, The King and I are going to head to Wheeler Farm for the libraries "Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Party". It should be pretty fun too. I hope!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

Good for you! That's basically my summer plan, but I just got back from vacation, so we'll see how it goes. :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

Kids do better with structure in the summer, but it is hard on mom.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus