Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oi! Redux

You might think, that with school starting in LESS than TWO weeks, I might have our schedule arranged. You might think, that with school starting in LESS than TWO weeks, the SCHOOLS might have THEIR schedule arranged.

You might think that. But you would be wrong.

As it stands, other than knowing that my kids WILL attend school, I don't know much.

Fine. I'm exaggerating.

The Princess will be attending the same school that she has attended for the previous two years. School starts at 8:10 am and they release the monsters children at 2:45 pm. Most likely, The Princess will be transported to school by bus, at the oh-ouch-early hour of 7:00 am. Well, that's what happened last year anyway. The bus schedule has not been confirmed yet. Did I mention that school starts in LESS than TWO weeks?

The Dragon will be attending preschool.

[ Imagine me taking a very big breath here ]

I loved the preschool that The Dragon attended last year and originally thought that she would attend that preschool again except I realized that it would be a very long commute that I would have to make four days a week which I wasn't sure that I really wanted to do except I couldn't bear the thought of her attending a different school so I did what any sane person would do and registered her at TWO schools.

You followed all that, right? [ I am taking another very big breath ]

So all summer long I have been tormenting myself and anyone who would listen to how I didn't know which preschool she would attend but also telling myself that we were going to have to go to the old preschool rather than the new preschool because when I registered for the new preschool we were actually stuck on the waiting list - in position number eight - and so while there was a very good chance The Dragon would get in nothing was guaranteed and it was very frustrating because The Queen likes to have a plan and a plan was nowhere in sight besides which even if the school had guaranteed us a spot I might not have taken the spot because the old preschool was oh so good and what if the new preschool wasn't all that I expected it to be?

Still with me? [ Inhale ]

So on Tuesday I got a phone call from Lisa whose daughter was registered at the new preschool and she told me that there was going to be a new preschool teacher because her husband got a job in Las Vegas and she wanted to go with him - imagine that - so I thought to myself that maybe I should call the school and find out exactly what was going on and if our position on the waiting list had changed any since early June and so I called the school and left a message explaining what I wanted to know and they called me back today.

And guess what I found out...

You'll never guess...

No, no that...

The Dragon is not on the waiting list at all. There is NO paperwork indicating that she was ever on the waiting list. In their minds, she does not exist at all. But they would be happy to ADD her to the waiting list - in position number 14 - which means that she MIGHT get in - in JANUARY.

Um, no.

So, I guess my dilemma of not knowing which preschool my daughter should attend has been solved for me. I should be grateful - but I'm not exactly. I kind-of wanted to choose. At least I know it is a very good school and The Dragon loves her teacher VERY much.

But this brings me back to one very tiny point. School starts in LESS than TWO weeks - and guess what? The old preschool still don't know exactly when they are going to start - date wise OR time wise. Or stop. They have some rough dates in mind - but nothing is official. They should know NEXT Wednesday.

Oi!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Yeah, so they are testing you to see if you blow and if you do, they don't want your kid. Effective test, yes!

8:59 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

Lol! I agree with dubby!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ohhhh my goodness!

Just keep breathing - that's my only advice!

2:05 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

Jozet! What a cool name!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus