Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Scenes From Our Garden

I thought that I'd share a few pictures of our garden (aka The Jungle) with you.

The jungle is home to a variety of plants and beasts: Corn, Peas, Carrots,
Pumpkins, Zucchinis, Cucumbers, Red (supposedly) Peppers, Tomatoes,
Green Onions, Bees, Worms, and Ants all share this tiny plot of land.

Our "Red" Peppers are looking rather "Green".

We have green tomatoes too. But the tomatoes give me hope for
our peppers; after all, they start out green yet they
somehow manage to turn red.

Some of the bounty from our garden. I know zucchini has a tendency
to grow mighty big, but this one isn't as large as you might think.
Those are CHERRY tomatoes.

We have a few small impatiens growing. I've decided that they are not
my favorite plant. They take a long time to bloom, and most of ours died.
The ones we have are pretty, but I'm not sure I'd go to the effort of growing them again.


And last but not least, sunflowers!




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Karen...
I loved looking at and reading this post. Yes, I did think the zucchini was "gi-normous" (my son's word) until I read they were cherry tomatoes. Great pic. Goes to show we can't always believe what we see, huh? I love to tinker around outside....and impatiens go crazy here...without much help. Guess it's just the difference in climate, huh?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus