Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What I Love About Digital Photography

I got my first digital camera for Christmas in 2004. I was very excited about this gift because I knew it was going to save me a ton of money on film. Finally, I could take all of the pictures that I wanted! And take pictures I did - three short years later, I now have approximately 7000 pictures documenting my family's life.

I love to scrapbook. Having this many pictures to choose from gives me endless choices of memories to scrapbook. Also, because I'm not limited on how many pictures I can take (ie. before the roll of film runs out), I have plenty of "good" pictures to choose from. That is a huge bonus when you are trying to get your kids to sit still for the annual family photo!

One of my favorite memories is our family trip to California last December. We spent a few hours at the beach in Santa Barbara where my daughters experienced the ocean for the first time. The Dragon, our youngest daughter, was a little afraid of the ocean and was pretty adamant about not getting wet. The sand was good enough for her! At one point during the afternoon, we managed to convince her to get her toes wet, and I used my camera to capture this shot:



To me, it's priceless.

Do you have a digital camera yet? I realize that a decent digital camera can be costly, but the money you will save on film will pay off in the long run, guaranteed! As extra savings, keep in mind that you only have to print the photos that you love, rather than an entire roll of film that you haven't even seen yet!

If you are looking to get a digital camera for Christmas, Ritz Camera has a great selection available including this Nikon D40x.

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Seven hundred bucks for a camera! Not in my budget. But I love my cameras as well.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

You know I love digital! :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I think the Dragon much preferred the water from the safety of Amanda's arms. lol

I'm so thrilled you guys were able to come and see us last year. It made the holidays so special.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus