Monday, January 14, 2008

More Shopping (Poor Budget!)

Confession: I think I am addicted to shopping.

My efforts in budgeting are definitely helping to curb my spending, but I can tell that this is going to be a long-term transformation for me. But the changes I have made so far have been pretty drastic. All is not lost, but the budget is... oops. Still, I'm not TOO off track in my efforts. Oh well, I get to start again on the 20th (and I think I can restrain myself until then... I think).

So, I went shopping again today. I spent $29.05 (including taxes). I love listing what I bought, so you're just gonna have to tough it out. It's a short list - pay close attention to the first line.

I bought:
90 (yes, NINETY) rolls of Lifesaver Candy
7 12-oz. packages of sausage links
2 16-oz. packages of bacon
2 jars of peanut butter
24 .5-liter bottles of Dasani water
6 .5-liter bottles of Albertson's water
12 rolls of Scott toilet paper
4 cans of Progresso soup
6 boxes of Hamburger Helper
4 boxes of Life cereal
4 boxes of Quaker Simple Harvest Instant Oatmeal
2 boxes of Quaker Breakfast Bars
1 loaf of Whole Wheat Bread

And what, you might ask, am I going to do with 90 rolls of Lifesavers? Use them for Valentine Day treats for my kids to hand out, and the leftovers will be party favors or Pinata-stuffers for The Princess' birthday party which will happen sometime in March.

I am soooo addicted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus