Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So Tired!

Well, the party is over. Life is beginning to resume some degree of normalcy, except I am tired all the time. I find myself longing for a nap in the afternoon, and more often than not, I am heading for bed at 10:30 (or earlier). I suppose that I could still be recovering from the birthday party, or perhaps all of this "spring forward" stuff is getting to me. More likely than not I'm simply suffering from a poor diet.

As far as the family goes, we are doing well. We currently have the entire house to ourselves as my parents are out of town for a week and a half. It's so nice. When they are here, I prefer to stay in my room. They don't bother me as much then. But I'm pretty miserable. I hope with the weather turning warmer I will have more energy to spend with the girls outside.

The Princess finally passed her +9s math timings today. We got stuck in a rut, and I didn't think we were ever going to climb out of it. But Daddy helped her last night, and today she passed. Hooray!

The Purple Dragon painted a purple (of course!) picture at preschool today. I haven't actually seen it yet, but I heard all about it.

Both girls had earthquake drills at their schools today. The Dragon said it was really noisy and they had to pretend they were bears and crawl into their caves (under the tables).

I really want a house. We are trying to save our money (and we are succeeding), but we are trying to get together a 20% downpayment, and we're not quite there yet. We know we will have it in 5 more months (barring any major emergencies), but we are working hard so that maybe we will have it as soon as 3 months. Despite the fact that we have lived here for 8 months (barely), King Isepik has only been employed for 4 months (barely). So the fact that we are about halfway there is pretty good. I must say that our tax refund is paying a fairly large role in that.

On the other hand, all of these numbers are what we THOUGHT we were going to need. The reality may be completely different. Everything is skyrocketing here, and while I still have faith that we will find a house, quite frankly, I don't see how. I called one development today that was having an open house (in West Valley no less), and the base price for one of the homes that I was mildly attracted too was in the $290s! Yeah. And it doesn't help that interest rates just went up (according to a random bank teller, I haven't bothered to research it yet).

I guess only time will tell. Maybe time will be on our side.

4 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Teh housing market has gone so nuts! I sold the land and have money sitting in the bank to re-invest, but I am scared the bottom will fall out around here. Hope you can find something. Maybe in 3-5 months time the prices will come down!

Glad you have the place to yourself. What a treat!

7:19 AM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

One little correction - OK, make that two little corrections. We are trying for a 10% downpayment and I've been working for FIVE months. :) Other than that, her entry is fine. :*

The house to ourselves hasn't started out quite as good as we'd hoped. Read more about it at my blog or wait until tomorrow when Karen will undoubtedly have something written about it.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Queen Karana said...

Ok, 10% is correct. My bad.

But five months? Depends on how you count and what exactly you count, I guess. I think maybe 4.5 months is more accurate. Especially when you take my "barely's" into consideration. 3 months plus a little at Peterbilt, and 1 month plus a little at LandVoice, and I guess you could count the couple of days up at AOL. 4.5 months.

Hey you! Wanna fight? *grin*

12:13 PM  
Blogger Joni said...

I live in WVC and love it. It would be awesome to have you live by us! There's a house for sale just two doors down.

Good luck!

Joni

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus