Sunday, May 28, 2006

5 Whole Days?

I can't believe it's been 5 days since I last posted. It doesn't seem that long ago. I guess a fair amount has happened since then, mostly good, so I'll try to catch you up.

The thing that made me most happy this past week was shopping! I guess that's kinda sad because I should probably find happiness somewhere else -- like with my family -- but shopping was definitely the highlight of my week. I found a great outlet store in Salt Lake City that has MASSIVE discounts on furniture, though it is very hit and miss. I got lucky though and got a beautiful headboard and footboard for The Purple Dragon's room for only $35. It retails online for $350. Yep, that's a 90% discount. I also purchased an entertainment center for $49.99 -- it retails for $650. Then, I headed over to the D.I. (Deseret Industries) which is basically the equivalent of the Salvation Army, and found a desk for The Pink Princess' room for $20. Everything needs to be painted, but other than that it's in pretty good shape.

Last night (Saturday) was also a lot of fun because we went to the home of Isepik's co-workers and had a BBQ - sort-of. It was a BBQ in the sense that the food was cooked on the BBQ, but it was cold and rainy so we hung out inside. The food was good, the company was better. This family has 7 kids, so the girls were pretty easily entertained. The adults entertained themselves with Pinochle, Speed Uno, and Dice. All 3 games were fun, all 3 games were new to us. I think I understand most of the rules now so it will be fun to get together and play again. The evening was full of lots of laughter, and I think we will be great friends. Too bad they don't live closer to our new house.

A few minor glitches with the house - but nothing major. We will probably end up paying a little bit more money than we were planning on (which completely sucks, but is definitely NOT the end of the world). On the positive side - the loan has been completely approved, and all the papers are on their way over to the Title Company. We settle on FRIDAY! WOO HOO! But we don't get possession until Monday. Still, it's basically a week away. We won't be moving in immediately because we want to paint first -- at least the girls rooms -- but we'll have another place to hang out in and I can start cleaning and doing some basic unpacking -- like the kitchen.

Princess' last day of school is on Thursday. She will have a lot of fun this week, because there is no school on Monday, Field Day on Tuesday, Ice Cream Party on Wednesday, and who knows what on Thursday -- parties and good-bye's I'm sure. I think her teacher will still try to pack in a little bit of learning every day - that's the way she is - but with all of these activities, it probably will be mostly fun. Last Wednesday was the "Share Fair" at her school and we had the opportunity to visit her classroom and see all the kids Animal Reports that they have been working on all year. The Pink Princess researched the butterfly, and she did a really great job. The finished products were great.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day and I believe King Isepik and I are planning on purchasing a Washer and Dryer, plus most of the paint for the house. Depending on how much the paint costs, I might also be able to purchase one of the comforter sets that's on my list, but that can wait if necessary. I think there will be some kind of BBQ tomorrow evening - either here at my Mom's house or at Brother T's house. Hopefully it will be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus