Saturday, May 20, 2006

Emotional

Well folks, first things first. Sorry about my last entry. Surely you needn't have been exposed to all that hostility. I had to get it out of my system though, and the blog seemed to be the quickest way to do so. So I apologize. But take comfort in the fact that it wasn't directed at you.

To make a long story very short - I am just fed up with all the inaccuracies in our credit report and the extremely long and frustrating process you have to go through to correct them -- and even then, it doesn't really correct them.

Due to a "correction" the CRA's are now saying that a derogatory item on my credit report is going to stay on there for 7 years from MAY 2006. Yes folks, that's right, 7 years from NOW. Here's the kicker, the ORIGINAL deliquency date which is supposed to START the 7 year countdown was DECEMBER 2001. To top it off, even if I misunderstood how things are supposed to work -- this account was SETTLED in MAY 2004. There is just NO justification for having the countdown start NOW.

There are more problems than that and I'm getting really sick and tired of trying to fix this. I agree full-heartedly that I need to take responsibility for my actions -- meaning that bad credit might mean that I can't get credit extended to me -- but I only need to take responsibility for MY ACTIONS -- it's completely not fair to report inaccuracies, make it impossible to correct them, and stick me with penalties that apply to the inaccuracies, not reality.

As far as the house goes, I think we are still on track. I don't think this problem is going to prevent the loan, but I think I'm going to have to ask for the Lord's help to get me through this. Our lender is aware of the situation and has all the documentation that proves that the CRA's are wrong and we are right... but still. I'm a bit worried and stressed and a lot annoyed and there's really not much that I can do about it.

Maybe after we get in the house I'll start a lawsuit. I've already spoken to an attorney and it should be a few thousand dollars for me. Honestly, though, I don't really care about the money. I just want it to be right.

*sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

I thought you were pre-approved! Oh, sadness. We are with you in this, but IT WILL COME TOGETHER!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus