Friday, May 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Today we made an offer on a house and it was accepted. We are planning to close June 5, 2006.

The home is still in the city -- a plus. It's on a corner lot and has a rather large backyard. It is a tri-level home (not exactly my favorite style, but I'm sure I'll get used to it), with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with approximately 1940 square feet (a little small but we will make it work). It's in really nice condition, the seller is a contractor so he did a lot of work on the home. The fact that it used to be a "model" home for Ivory Homes certainly helps also.

Other features:
A Master Bedroom with large bay window, spacious custom built walk-in closet, with an adjacent Master Bath with a large jetted tub, solid surface counter top, and cultured marble shower surround. (MY TUB! I HAVE A TUB!)

Main floor boasts hardwood floors and oak handrail throughout formal living room and kitchen.

Newer high-end carpet throughout all other floors. (Burber - so pretty!)

Kitchen has high-end matching Fridgedaire appliances, gas oven, reverse osmosis water purification system, custom built spacious pantry. (Love the pantry!)

High end blinds on all windows.

Water softener.

Gas AND electric washer/dryer hookups.

Cold storage in basement.

Fully landscaped with automatic sprinklers.

Vinyl fence surrounding entire property.

Spacious 400 square foot deck. (YES, 400 -- it's huge).

So I obviously copied all of that off of the flyer, but hey, why try to explain what somebody already explained so eloquently? I don't have any pictures yet, but I hope to have some by early next week.

I realize that I probably don't sound super-hyper-excited last night, but I am. I think. I think I'm a little in shock about the whole thing, and I'm exhausted because I've been giving blood, sweat and tears to this project for the past few weeks. King Isepik's providing the funding for the house because he's a hard-workin' man, but seriously, this is the house that Queen Karana bought. We're not using a realtor (because we are going to get cash back from the home owner) so I've been tryin' to figure all of the paperwork side of things out myself, not to mention the whole mess of trying to get the loan approved, and getting credit reports straightened out... so now I think I'm just numb to the whole thing. Give me a few days and I'll be bouncing off the walls again.

Probably the best part about this house (besides being able to afford it) is that The Pink Princess can continue to go to the same school. Also, one of her classmates lives right around the corner -- probably too far for a kindergartener/first grader to walk by herself, but close enough for me to walk over with her rain or shine.

So I am happy. And I am sure my blog will show that over the next few days. But right now I think I just want some sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Congratulations!!!! June 5th!!! AND you are approved on the mortgage! How far is it from your parents? How far from Michael's work? This is absolutely super. Will there be a place for me to sleep if I come to Salt Lake?

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus