Monday, April 17, 2006

What Am I Doing?

I don't really know what to write or where to start.

I had a MaryKay party last week. It was mostly fun, and for some reason I bought way too much skin care products. I kinda like 'em, I think. The other part of me is screaming "get this crap off of my face!" How about we just say that I am 'on the fence.' King Isepik was supposed to babysit, and he knew this, but somehow he ended up having a scout meeting. It was a bit annoying, but the girls were good, he was very helpful when he came back, plus he let me buy stuff, plus I'm glad he enjoys scouts, so... it all worked out. And he apologized on his blog. :) But I have to admit that it seems like every time I try to plan something be it a Mary Kay party or my supposed once-a-month scrapbooking, he is always trying to get out of babysitting. This may not be true - but more often than not it appears that way. My perspective could be warped -- yours would be too if you spent as much time in this house as I do. Anyway, I find this "escaping" a bit annoying, because he usually has at least 3 scout meetings a month (that I can think of), plus he tries to go gaming two nights a week, so it seems to me that he's getting a lot of time to himself. And I'm stuck here. So pardon me if I go completely insane every once in a while. I think it would be very different if we had our own house.

So, the great part about my MaryKay party is that I got to see an old friend of mine. Kind-of sad, really, because we've lived here for 8-months and this is the first time that we have gotten together. Anyway, she's an old friend of mine from Harrisonburg, Virginia - the very first friend I made in fact, probably on the very first day that I went to church. MerryNoelle! We've been in touch since she moved to Utah in late spring of 2004. And she came to my MaryKay party. Which was super-dooper-cool. Because that inspired us to get together today - where I helped her clean her kitchen. Which is a completely different story, but the point is that I had a ton of fun. I love being around her... we were pretty much instant friends, and we "reunited" just as quickly. She has 4 kids - a daughter who is the same age as The Pink Princess, and 3 boys, one who is about a year older than The Purple Dragon and one who is about 3 months younger than The Purple Dragon, and one more who is 18 months old. Those boys would wear me out, I think! I have no idea how MerryNoelle does it. I can't keep up with my 2, let alone 4. She's an awesome Mom and a very good friend. We're gonna try to take the kids to see "Curious George" later this week -- all the kids are on Spring Break.

The Pink Princess went to the Dentist today. They put sealants on her molars - for free. They had a program earlier this year called "Give Kids A Smile" (note to Dubby: Dentrix was a sponsor), and kids who qualified (low-income) got to go see a dentist for free, and pretty much all work that needed to be done would be done for free. So we went, and The Pink Princess had her teeth cleaned but completely lost it when they tried to do the sealants. So they gave us a referral, and I finally set up an appointment. The dentist was awesome -- he only does pediatric dentistry, and he's really nice. The Princess still managed to freak out and there were four of us in there trying to calm her down, but eventually the work got done, and The Princess got to write her name on the wall (yes, a real wall) with a big-fat-purple-sharpie. She thought that was very cool.

The Purple Dragon is still part puppy, part human. She panicked on Sunday and had to be brought to me in Relief Society. Apparently she decided her diaper was too wet. Once she saw me she narrated this ridiculously long story where she "told" on Daddy, and her primary teachers, etc, about how she needed to be changed and needed her Mommy, etc, etc, etc. It went on and on and on. The presidency member who brought her to me was staring at her in shock, and I happened to notice it and just smiled and said, "Guess you didn't know she could talk so much?" And she kind-of just nodded and said, "no idea." It was funny. And yeah, for the record, I KNOW The Dragon needs to get potty-trained. We are trying. She is not cooperating. ARGH!

King Isepik works hard. I am lucky to have him. His blog can tell you more about all of his adventures.

I am dreaming of a house. I found a lot for $40,000. I have no idea if it is even feasible to build on it. I think I will call someone tomorrow and get the real story. Based on its location there simply MUST be something wrong with it, right? $40,000 is a steal based simply on its location -- so there must be a catch.

I am also waiting for my "password" to access my credit report and score which is being sent by snail mail. I am beginning to wonder if it was a scam, because they didn't even send me a confirmation email. *stress* I went to a legit site to begin with, but maybe something went wrong? So annoying. At this point I don't think there is anything I can do but wait.

I'm wearing my contacts and my eyes are starting to hurt, plus my bladder is yelling at me! I think that means that it is time to go to bed. I know there is more to write about, but I can't remember what it is. Oh yeah... I woke up to SNOW. And yesterday was so lovely (albeit windy!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus