Monday, February 19, 2007

S.O.S.

OK, all you creative people out there! I need your help.

The Princess' birthday is slowly creeping up on me, and though I still have a month before it arrives, I'm usually done with the 'planning' part of the party by now.

I'm going to make 'ocean' invitations using Zip-lock bags, colored water, sea critter confetti, sand, and a waterproof (laminated) invite. We're hand delivering them, so I don't need to worry about postage or catastrophes at school.

But the wording... OH THE WORDING. I want something clever, and I'm stumped. I've got some really fantastic (not) puns that could be used, but I just can't figure out how to word it.

I know, I know. The kids aren't going to care. This one is for me, OK?

Here are some of the variations that I have so far:

The only idea I really have that's 'together' is this:
Under the sea! Under the sea!
Celebrate turning 7 with me!


Other ideas:
Jumpin’ Jellyfish! The Princess is turning 7!

You’re o-fish-ally invited...

Swim on over to the LastNameHere Reef...

We'll have a whale of a time makin' waves at...

Sea you soon!

And, instead of saying RSVP, use the term SOS.

The Princess gets quite a giggle over 'o-fish-ally' and 'sea you soon!' I'd love some more ideas that are along those lines. Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Please help me with the COMPLETE wording of the invitation - don't just say "I like o-fish-ally too" because I'm having a problem with what comes after it.

By the way, I have spent quite a bit of time looking online, and haven't had much luck beyond what I've posted here. There are quite a few fish puns out there (far more then there could ever be a need for), but I'm having troubles finding some that are 1) appropriate for 6 and 7 year olds, and 2) apply to birthday parties or invitations.

Thanks in advance!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i have to watch little mermaid one more time to come up with a catchy rhyme but i like the under the sea a lot.

let's sea/see...ha. ha.

under the sea, under the sea....
oh, please do come and celebrate turning 7 with me.

with adventures that surround, you are bound to have one whale of a time in my sea.

okay, so i suck. hope that helped some...

anyway, for decorations like the cake table. you should take a white plastic tablecloth and paint waves with blue tempra paint. then, throw some netting over it topped with shells and sand.

if you are to have some food, be sure to go and find some cookie cutters shaped like fish, etc. and make sandwiches and cut the bread out in the fish shapes. just a thought anyway.

but, i'm sure you already have a better game plan than this. totally trying to brain storm with you!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Queen Karana said...

LOL! I love it. *giggle*

Anyone else? :) C'mon, get your rhyme on. (The King is gonna thwap me for that one...)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus