Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Today The Dragon told me about the story of 'The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Woof.' That's not a typo. Try as she might, that little cutie simply can't spit out the 'l' in 'wolf' so 'woof' it is. So cute.

The Princess has started taking piano again. She's not doing so well with the practicing, but she is doing very well at her lessons. No crying, no whining, just simply trying her best, which is all we ask. Really.

I'm going crazy with scrapbooking. Dare I say that something has finally clicked, and perhaps I've actually learned how to complete great looking albums quickly? No, I'm not one of those people who can slap an album together in one week, but it's beginning to look like I might completely finish our 2006 family album in as little as 3 months. I realize that this still sounds like a very long time, but I can spend TWO years working on ONE album that only covers ONE YEAR. Even 'new math' can show that I will NEVER get my albums done at that rate. So three months is good. And Costco is loving my photo business, I'm sure.

Digital cameras are good - I love mine (thanks, my King!). But boy, you sure can take a lot of pictures. For 2006, we have approximately 2006 photos. Seriously. An album can only hold about 300 pictures. I have a lot of weeding out to do. There is a positive side to this though. Among all the hundreds of terribly bad photos, lo and behold, we do have a few good ones. It's just no fun to scrapbook scrunched-up faces, squinty eyes, blurry blobs and awkward poses. At least this way, I've got some pictures to choose from!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

That's just how I was when I was little. I never ever practiced piano but I loved doing the lessons. Maybe it was the attention I got? I dunno, I didn't care to practice until I got older and learned how awesome it is to know how to play piano!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Obliviocelot said...

My roommate pronounces the word "wolf" as "woof." I'm taking a phonetics class right now, and I think I've figured out why. When you make the "O" sound, your tongue is in very nearly the same place as it is when you make the "F" sound. But to say that "L," you have to move your tongue up to the alveolar ridge (the little ridge right behind your top teeth) and then right back down to where it was before to say the "F." It's my belief that Shooter--and your daughter--simply don't bother moving the tongue up and back down. Besides, people understand it anyway.

...but it brings a whole new meaning to the story about The Boy Who Cried Woof.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus