Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Taxes Are Finished!

Finally. The taxes are finished. The King can stop nagging me now. :)

As you are probably VERY well aware, most of the instructions can be very confusing. Turbo Tax seems to simplify it - my favorite program by far. But this year we used TaxCut by H&R Block because we qualified for Free Filing (Turbo Tax has free filing too, but our income was too high). I would like to share with you my favorite 'instruction' from H&R Block:

Reportable Transaction Disclosure Statement—If you filed federal form 8886, you are now required to check a box on your Utah return.

Wow. That's it? Just check a box? COOL! I really have no idea what a 'Reportable Transaction Disclosure Statement' is, and I don't think I checked a box, but how nice that that's all you have to do!

Anyway, as I said before... THE TAXES ARE DONE.

We'll have our refund in about two weeks. The King says he's buying me a laptop!

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

I used Turbo Tax for Allen. He had little income and paid no taxes but still had to file. When it cam to maximize deductions, I tried to skip it since I knew he didn't need any, but I couldn't see how. Guess what? When I got to the end, it wanted to charge me $49 since I had maximized deductions! I had to let David do them.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how lucky you are to receive a refund.

i had to sell a kidney to pay our debt this year.

10:11 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

Yay for refunds!!!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus