Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Need A Bigger Vocabulary

It's getting hard to talk around here. Gone are the days where I can lovingly gaze at my husband and say, "Hey Hon, how about we get some I-C-E-C-R-E-A-M after the K-I-D-S go to B-E-D.

No longer can I tell him where the C-O-O-K-I-E-S are, or where I hid the C-A-N-D-Y stash.

Tonight, ALL Sonic Drive-Ins are offering free Root Beer Floats to their customers from 8:00 pm until Midnight. Don't blame me if I didn't post this earlier enough, it's only 9:07 for you east coast folks, so you have over two hours to go and hook yourself up. It's not my fault you don't check my blog for updates every 10 minutes. :)

Speaking of updates, my Feed doesn't seem to be updating as frequently as it should. Weird.

But I digress. The problem in The Castle is that our little ones have developed vocabularies that are almost as big as ours.

So now, in order to plan a trip to Ye Old Sonic, I must now confer with my husband in a way that might sound something like this:

Hey! During the hour which is normally reserved for bedtime,
there's a place where vehicles frequently enter and exit known by the
name of Sonic that is offering at NO cost a certain something
that is beer but not with another frozen substance that would float within.


It's not that they (particularly The Princess) couldn't figure out what I'm trying to say, but hopefully it's garbled enough that they'll get lost somewhere in the middle and not really know what I'm trying to say.

Capiche?

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Sign Language. Even if they learn it you can use it when they aren't looking.

We tried spelling backwards for a while, but the kids could do it better than we could. David knows some french, but his accent makes me cringe.

Life with kids is fun. Enjoy!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

AAAGHHH! I hate it when they learn to spell!

Your MOM SCHOOL sounds like a lot of work. Yeah for you though - your kids won't have that slide back that most kids get during the summer!

If we were closer, I'd let you have my two hooligans during the morning hours too! I'm about teachered out right now!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

Hee hee! Yeah, Bria can spell now so we resort to speaking in Romanian. It's lucky we both went to the same mission for that reason, LOL!

We went and got our root beer floats that night and it took them a rather long time to get them out to us...but hey, free is free, right?

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus