Monday, December 24, 2007

Life's Not Fair!

I'm laughing so hard, I just had to stop my frantic last minute preparations to tell you about an incident I had with The Princess.

I had asked the girls to go upstairs and get their sippy cups from their rooms so that I could wash them. (They are old enough that they don't need sippy cups on a regular basis, but we use the ones with straws at nighttime, so that we don't have to deal with the endless requests for "one more cup of water.") With the puking incident yesterday evening, I want as many germs killed as possible, hence the request for them to go and get their cups.

Well, today The Dragon was faster than The Princess and managed to grab both cups, and The Princess was upset. A wise person might say "Thank-you!" and be relieved that it's one less job that they didn't have to do. The Princess proceeded to throw a temper tantrum because "It's not fair!"

I started to send her to her room, but then had my brilliant parenting moment. I put her to work! After she had completed three random jobs (all fairly easy, but all things that her sister could not help her with), I asked her if it was "fair" yet.

She finally agreed that it was fair... and I think I got some kind of point across. And if I didn't, my house is a wee bit cleaner for the extra jobs that she did.

We

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

I HATE the "fair" bit.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Nope- life isn't fair!

Quick thinking though to get your house a little bit cleaner! I need to remember that one!

Kids! Aren't they delightful?

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus