Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Survey

I took this little Christmas Survey a couple of weeks ago, fully intending to post this on my blog, but then, well, I didn't. And then Lara posted it on her blog, and I remembered that I hadn't posted MINE. So here it is:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas, wrapping paper, but will use a gift bag when it is more practical (like really odd-shaped/sized gifts).

2. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, but ours is artificial. It's quite beautiful for a fake, and it only cost me $15 on clearance six-ish years ago.

3. When do you put up the tree?
As early as the day after Thanksgiving. This year, December 1st.

4. When do you take the tree down? No earlier than January 1st. But we try not to leave it up longer than the first week in January.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, no, no! Gah!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh wow. Probably my Cabbage Patch Kid doll that was made for me by my Grandma. We couldn't afford a real one.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. The "Little People" one by Fisher Price.

8. Hardest person to buy for? This year it seems to be my 5-year old daughter. Still looking... any ideas?

9. Easiest person to buy for? My 7-year old daughter.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The scrapbooking gift from my SIL. Really, it wasn't the gift itself that was so horrid - it was more that she really hadn't been paying attention to anything I had been saying for the last 6 months. I just felt really hurt. Long story...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, unless I don't have their "real" contact info. A rarity.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie: Oh, I love them all. I'd love to see "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear" with Mickey Rooney however. Haven't seen it since I was a kid... bring it back!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh, I stash little things away all year long, but the big kick-off (and usually the big finish) is Black Friday (the Friday after Thanksgiving).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am pretty sure I have, but right now I can't remember what it was.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? English Toffee.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both. This year we have two clear strings, and one colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, I don't think I can choose. I really love them all. Though I'm getting really tired of the "shoe/mama meets Jesus" song. REALLY tired.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Stay home, with the exception of Grandma's house which is 12 miles away.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually open one on Christmas Eve... typically pajamas from Mom and Dad.

22. Most annoying thing about this time? That the Christmas season starts before Halloween, and that people forget the reason for the season. Including me, sometimes.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with my family. (Edited today to add: The day AFTER. I'm a bit stressed.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

Sounds to me like the homemade CPK's were more popular than the real thing back in the day! :)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus