Sunday, December 16, 2007

Money, Money, Money, MOOOOONEY!

So, for the past few months it has seemed that the paycheck The King receives on the 5th is always gone a full week before his next paycheck.

I've never quite figured out why it seems it's "feast" on the 20th, and "famine" on the 5th.

I took some advice from Money Dummy and made a budget "her" way. I feel like this is stuff I should have known a long time ago, but I guess it has never been explained to me as simply as she put it.

So I started creating a budget this morning in anticipation of the upcoming pay day on the 20th.

I've had a system of splitting most of our bills into two payments to kind-of even out everything all month long. It works rather well. But, here's what I discovered... I have four bills that can't be divided as nicely as the other ones. And guess what else - they all get paid out of the SAME paycheck.

Oops.

No wonder we've been having such a hard time.

I've got it all evened out for the next paycheck, and while it might take a month or two for us to adjust to this new way of thinking, I think our wallets will be much happier in the long run.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

That's really hard to do. We have the same problem...our check on the 5th is gone before we even get it because 2/3 of it goes to rent which is due on the 3rd. I have tried and tried to get it half and half so that it's easier but I can't figure out how to do it. Our check on the 20th mostly goes to pay down debt (which we so shouldn't have....but since we've been students for 7 of the 8 years we've been married....)and I have a bit more leeway on it if necessary, since I can choose to pay minimum or more. We're trying to do it all as quickly as possible but sometimes the money has to go elsewhere. :)

I will check out the website you mentioned, thanks!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I need to check that website also. We also do the feast and famine thing with paychecks. Of course - if I didn't love to shop so much, that may help!

To answer your question about the oven mitts/cutting board - check the dollar store. Ours usually has them for way cheap (and they're usually pretty ugly too which makes them even more fun!) Happy Shopping!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus