Monday, May 29, 2006

Life Goes On

The King and I left home this morning about 10 am and didn't return until about 3:30 or so. Today was shopping day!

We purchased a comforter set for our bed, a washing machine, a dryer, a power paint roller, painter's tape, a few extra rollers, and a whole lot of paint. Something like 12 gallons of paint. I'm not really sure how much. The bonus was that we got 10% off all of it, plus another $5 off each gallon of paint so it was a pretty good deal all things considered.

The last big purchase remaining is box springs and a mattress for The Purple Dragon's bed. We've already decided where we are going to get it from, we're just not going to get it until after we actually have the house.

I forgot to mention in my last post that our car was broken into on Saturday Morning. It's pretty much our fault because apparently we forgot to lock it. We don't have a radio in the car anymore, which stinks, but it could've been a lot worse than it was, so it's ok.

We found a woman's purse today at Burger King so we turned it into the manager. She came back looking for it when we were still there, and she was very relieved that honest people had found it and turned it in. I guess that's our good deed for the day and hopefully it will counteract that "bad things come in threes rule".

Hm, what else to write? We're going to go to my brother's house tonight for a BBQ. I think it'll be fun -- at least I'm hoping it will be fun. It's kind-of rainy outside now... maybe it will clear up a little in the next hour or so.

Oh, I watched "Shopgirl" last night. It was not what I expected at all (from the previews), though it did end the way I expected it too. It wasn't very good, but it was better than "Napoleon Dynamite". That probably means that if you LIKED Napoleon Dynamite, it is highly likely that you WON'T like Shopgirl. I hated Napoleon Dynamite, hence, Shopgirl got the higher rating.

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

It's almost time!!!!!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus