Monday, October 30, 2006

Introducing...

My Family!

My husband plays the role of 'King Isepik'. Otherwise known as 'Isepik' and 'The King' he is my love, the chief financial provider, and the best tickle monster around.

'The Pink Princess' or 'The Princess' is my oldest daughter, age 6. Tempermental, clever and smart, she brightens our days and nights with the giggliest giggles around.

'The Purple Dragon' or 'The Dragon' is my youngest daughter, age 4. Musically and numerically inclined, one might say she's the happiest kid we know. Oh yes, and she's a tease.

Then, last but certainly not least, there's me... 'Queen Karana' aka 'Karana' or 'The Queen'. I am moody, but loving, and struggling to be the best Mom and Wife I can be... but I think I'm failing. Oh well, tomorrow is only a day away!

Why the changes? Basically, it's something that I've been thinking about doing for a while. How much privacy is really required on the 'net? I met my husband on the 'net, before it became the 'net we know today. I kinda scoff at all the privacy issues that seem to float around. But recently it's been bothering me, and an influx of blogs (like this one) that talk about the dangers of exposing our families on the 'net got me thinking. So, if there's even a 1% chance that changing a lot of information on my blog will help to keep my kids safer, well, I'm gonna do it.

And now you know why my site has been in a state of flux over the past few days. In a few more days I will change it back so that there is more than one post on the first page... just bear with me. I now need to RE-publish all of the changed entries. Ugh.

4 Comments:

Blogger King Isepik said...

You might want to look into changing your info in your profile as some of that provides the viewer with info about us.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry that there are so many creeps out there that ruin it for everyone. i truly understand!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

Thanks for the mention. I'm actually in some way glad that the many pedophiles arrived and commented on my blog so that I could first protect my family but also urge other mom bloggers to protect theirs. Unfortunately they are out there and we have to be prepared to deal with them on our blogs by limiting our children's personal information. It's for the better even if it is inconvenient and blows all around.

10:30 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

Better safe than sorry.

In other news... I have a new blog. And I'm doing a challenge so you're guarenteed a new post every day for the month of November.

http://shutterbugdrama.blogspot.com/

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus