Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

O'er the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go!

We'll be heading out the door around noon. We've made 4 pies (how's that for Holly Homemaker, Gail?!?), and King Isepik cooked the turkey. My Mom has severe poultry allergies, so it can't be cooked at her house. Once it's cooked, it's OK -- as long as she doesn't eat it.

I spoke to my Dad last night on the telephone. I was attempting to talk to Mom, but she couldn't come to the phone. We had a nice conversation. It ended like this:

Dad: "Well, I'll see you, the girls and the turkey tomorrow."
Me: *** HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER ***
Dad: "Oh, and The King!"
Me: *** STILL LAUGHING ***

My Dad was awfully embarrassed and begged me not to tell King Isepik, but well, it was too funny not too. And yes, The King did get a laugh out of it.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Sounds like the story of the king being mistaken for a turkey fit with the Pink Princess's definition of males versus females! Like mother, like granddaughter!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus