Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pity Party

I am in some kind of funk. Perhaps it is because I am exhausted and I feel another round of Bronchitis coming on. Perhaps it is because I can no longer stand my house which is a filthy mess, though I have seen worse. Perhaps it is because getting up at 6:15 every freakin' morning is getting OLD, even though I know it's not really that early. Not to mention that half the time I'm falling asleep before 10:30... sometimes even before 10:00. Yeah, I know. Last night was midnight. But we're talking recent averages here. Perhaps I'm just annoyed because I didn't really want to change my blog but felt that I had too... just in case.

Life is not bad. I'm just... tired?

I'd like to give a shout out to a new blog friend, Oh The Joys. I really enjoy her style of writing and her sense of humor. Can I be her when I grow up?

I admire people who can find the humor and the joys in the humdrum of every day living. I am at the point where I no longer see the humor (was there ever any?) in the 3:45 pm temper tantrums that occur every day when The Pink Princess returns home from school. Is there any humor in my pint-sized Dragon Heloise who never fails to tell me what to pick up, when to do it, and never fails to point out that my bathroom stinks. I'm inclined to argue that it does NOT stink - but did I mention that my nose has been declared useless for its appointed purpose?

Here's the situation at my house over the past 10 minutes. The Pink Princess procured a cheap, small, purple yo-yo (that really doesn't yo-yo) from a friend at school. The Purple Dragon wants it because it's purple. The Dragon snatches the yo-yo from The Princess who then proceeds to scream, cry, and yell her way to The Queen (that would be me) to report this injustice. The Queen understands the injustice, and returns the yo-yo to The Princess who is happy once more. But alas! The Dragon strikes again!

The Queen offers to get a wonderful new yo-yo (from The Dungeon aka Storage) for The Dragon if she agrees to hand the yo-yo back to the distraught Princess. The Dragon decides to throw the yo-yo back. The Dragon is transported to her room, where The Queen is forced to hold the door shut in an attempt to contain the savage beast. The Princess is encouraged to take her prized plaything into her Pink Tower and barricade the door so that The Dragon cannot attack her again.

After a few minutes, The Dragon collapses on the floor of her room, and The Queen makes a run for freedom - stopping only for a moment to grab The Purple Dragon's 'Purple Dragon' Costume and manages to stash it in the Washing Machine (not to clean it - only to hide it) before The Purple Dragon notices the problem. The Queen then retreats to the Technological Centre where she proceeds to blog and not notice that The Purple Dragon is essentially cussing The Princess out through closed doors about her missing costume.

Hm. That is pretty funny, now that I think about it. But yet, I'm feeling bad for not really caring and especially for letting The Purple Dragon blame The Princess for the missing costume. Though, honestly, at this point I can only ASSUME (which only makes an ass out of u and me) that this is what the problem is. Perhaps The Dragon is still attempting to get the yo-yo that doesn't, and hasn't even noticed that the costume has flown the coop.

I want to be the kind of Mom who can gently explain to her furious offspring that because her behavior is unacceptable she won't be able to play with her beloved costume for a while. But no, I am the kind of Mom who retreats to the basement and bangs her head against the computer monitor in an effort to make her never-ending headache go away.

In other news, I do have some Halloween pictures to share with you, but they are in the camera which is elsewhere in the castle. It is quiet where I am, and I dare not leave. (Are they dead?) So I will have to hold you in suspense a while longer - you do have my most heartfelt apologies!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for the shout out!

I HATE the policing of the inter-action between the kids. It's the worst ever. I haven't found any humor in that yet. I'll work on that for you.

Sending you good vibes...

OTJ

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending good vibes as well. when i'm down in the dumps about my children, i always sit around and wonder, "did i ever act this way when i was little?" certainly not, my mom would have gone ape-shit on me. so, why do my kids act crazy?

i blame their behavior on their father and as such, he is going to have to deal with them from now on.

8:41 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

My mother was abig believer in the "if noone is bleeding I don't want to hear it" school of policing. There's nothing fun about having to do constant monitoring.

2:30 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

Just wait until they are teenagers!

4:22 PM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

My solution (and I know most of you don't want to hear it) is to punish them both if they can't work it out. I know it's not fair, but I'm expected to produce results, right? :)

The punishment is usually that the item in question goes away for a while and neither of them can play with it.

I have mixed results with this.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus