Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It Is Cold.

"It is cold. See the snow. See the snow come down."

I am positive this is from some children's book that I have read long long ago, but nothing that we currently own. It is not snowing at the moment, but the ground is covered in snow, and it IS cold.

It is even colder in our unfinished basement which is where my computer is. My fingers are beginning to grow icicles... ok, maybe not, but they are frozen and stiff and it hurts to type. To quote the great Dubby... "I don't like this game."

The Dragon is upstairs watching television. Her favorite past time. I won't let her watch it all morning (in fact, she usually turns it off by herself), but I kind-of enjoy this babysitter. I know, I know... it's a bad idea! I take some small comfort in the fact that she usually doesn't watch any TV on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

I am in the process of signing The Dragon up for preschool again next year. She can continue at the same preschool she is currently at, or I can relocate her to a preschool that is closer to our home. Since the Pre-K program is 4 days a week rather than the current 2-days, a closer location is quite a draw. However, I am not yet convinced that the closer school is the better choice. The administration appears to suffer from idiocy, and while the teachers are not the same people I can't help but wonder how much the administration affects them. An example of the idiocy would be the "fair" I went to last night in order to get information about the program. The "registration" forms were outdated, and nobody knew how much the program cost. Forgive me, but aren't these the MOST BASIC pieces of information you can have about your program? At the very least, couldn't you have handouts that have the correct school year on them, and if a price sheet wasn't available, surely you could have your representatives trained to say "Our fees are based on a sliding scale, but the maximum cost would be $_____ per month." C'MON PEOPLE... how hard can it be?

I'm frustrated.

Oh. And I'm cold. Or have I already mentioned that?

5 Comments:

Blogger gaily-o said...

I hate being cold. I live in Santa Barbara. Paradise as far most people are concerned (myself included) and you will hear me complain LOUDLY that I want a refund of all the money I pay to live in paradise when the temp drops below 60. And when it's in the 30s?! fugget aboutit. :D

Get a cheap ($1 store, goodwill) pair of knit gloves. Cut the fingertips off (only down to about the first joint and wear them when you type. You'll be suprised what a difference it makes. You might need to whip stitch the openings if they start to fray but it's still better than the regular fingerless gloves because those don't cover as much of your fingers.

Good luck!

3:22 PM  
Blogger D said...

Hi! Sunydazy here!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment! You have a lovely family...I've been enjoying looking at the pics.

Your blog space is pretty and cheerful. (I have put in an order with a lady to redo mine with cheery colors and graphics).

I get cold fingers too...so I'm happy to have read the previous comment about gloves...good idea!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Dubby stole the "I don't like this game" quote from Cathryn. By the way.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find tv, given the right programming, can actually be a good thing. i'm ALL for it. sometimes mamma needs a break!

and believe me, i know about the cold you are feeling! uugghhh!!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

Hold the phone. I didn't steal "I don't like this game" from Lint Monkey, because she didn't own it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But yes, she was the originator unless she "borrowed" it from someone else, which I suspect she did.

I vote for No Cold also. Brrrr.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus