Monday, January 15, 2007

MIA

Yep, I know. I've been MIA, and worse, I've left you without the rest of our vacation pictures, nevermind pictures of The Purple Dragon's room (which have never been posted since last June), pictures of Halloween, not to mention pictures of Christmas. No one knows better than me (I?) about how I've left you in a lurch.

Should I explain why I've left you in such a horrid state? There's not really a good reason, other than I've just been busy with about 100 other things. I'm not sure that they are even more important... I've just been, well... busy.

So busy, in fact, that I neglected to realize that my last post was number 200!

And no, although I hate to disappoint, I'm not going to post the rest of the pictures right now. I will try my best, however, to finish them tonight. I promise! But I've got to watch '24' first.

So guess what's happening on March 30? The Pink Princess is turning SEVEN. We all know what this means, right? King Isepik does. It's time for a BIRTHDAY PARTY! Go ahead and cringe. I know what you're all thinking... "OH NO! Pooooor King Isepik!" I am the self-declared QUEEN of the BIRTHDAY PARTIES... and even when I say "Oh, don't worry... this one will be simple!" it never is. Though, the King would have to admit that some are certainly easier than others. :)

The Princess has requested a Mermaid/Under The Sea party, or perhaps a Garden/Ladybug/Butterfly party, and could be interested in a Luau party, which could be linked to an Under The Sea party. I am really struggling with ideas. The best idea I have so far is the Garden party with a variety of garden crafts (like planting a few seeds, making some kind of garden themed sun catcher, making a stepping stone, etc). But it seems really overwhelming at the moment. She has decided that inviting just girls is OK - which means I'll only have 17-20 kids, unlike The Mane Event which had 30.

So, oh creative ones... what's your take on the situation? I'm not loving any of the ideas I've found online so far, so why don't you help me out?

P.S. I just noticed that some of my posts are currently in a state of 'draft' and are therefore missing from this blog. I will work on fixing them over the coming days. Thanks for your patience. :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Condolences to the King. Sympathy, sympathy. Have a garden party and have the kids plant your garden!

6:45 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Hey there MIA -

Okay, so Sunday... I actually DIDN'T test the theory... and the MLK Project - well I accidentally signed up thinking it was on Monday but it was Saturday and we TOTALLY MISSED IT. So lame!!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus