Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Our Vacation - Day 2

We were supposed to catch a shuttle at 8:30 am, but we missed it by a few minutes. Not to worry, the hotel took pity on us and gave us a ride to Disneyland! The girls were not happy about waiting in line - and that was the line just to get into the park. I wondered how they were going to handle waiting in lines to go on rides!

Here are the rides we went on today:
King Arthur Carrousel
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Disneyland Railroad
Space Mountain (The King & I)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Mark Twain Riverboat
Splash Mountain
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Pirates of the Caribbean

The crowds were insane. Supposedly they reached maximum capacity on this day, and it was a nightmare navigating through the crowds. The King and I watched the fireworks at 9:30, but the girls were already unconscious. Tired feet, tired bodies, but a good time was had at all!

The Princess rides King Arthur Carrousel

The Dragon is finally happy with her choice of horse (the girls wanted the same one).

Waiting in line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Storybook Land Canal Boats

A picture of Monstro the Whale (from Pinocchio) that you must pass through in order to enter Storybook Land

The Purple Dragon being swallowed by Monstro the Whale

Waiting in line for Haunted Mansion Holiday. Lots of fun, because they had decorated with scenes from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. It's fun waiting in line for this ride because they have funny poems on all the tombstones around the mansion... for example, 'Here lies my snake, whose fatal mistake, was scaring the gardener who carried a rake.'

On the Mark Twain Riverboat. A very peaceful ride, and a break for my tired feet!

Yo ho, Yo ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!

Splash Mountain! The Dragon did not care for this ride. The Princess loves it!

We think Splash Mountain would've been more fun during the day when it was warm instead of at night. See how wet we got? (Really, it wasn't that bad.)

The Purple Dragon really really really wanted to ride on Dumbo, but the lines were extremely long. We finally saw a short line later in the evening, but The Dragon fell asleep while we were waiting.

The Dragon woke up AFTER the ride. Thankfully they have an extra Dumbo available for photo shoots!

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home

  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus