Monday, December 04, 2006

That Was Easy

Our virus scan and spam killer subscriptions have died. In order to get them working again, we were required to spend money. So we delayed. And delayed. And procrastinated. And delayed some more.

Then, on Black Friday our hopes were raised because CompUSA had McAfee Total Protection for FREE after rebates. And I bought it. But they charged me the wrong price. And then the rebate required some kind of an upgrade. And it was a fiasco. And I ended up furious and returned it because that was the only way to calm my rage.

So we still didn't have any kind of virus scan program or anything to keep control of the masses of spam that come banging on my email box door... so to speak.

And then, LO! A light of hope! A big red button from Staples telling me that McAfee Total Protection was FREE! With rebates! But none of the rebates were UPGRADE rebates! WOW!

And guess what? I could order it online! And because it cost more than $50, I get free shipping. And it's going to arrive on Wednesday! AND... I pretty much hit a few buttons and submitted all my rebates from their website right after I paid for it. No cutting out UPC symbols. No major forms to fill out. No copies of receipts required. No postage stamp. WOW.

OK... you've been waiting for me to say it...

That was easy!

4 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

OR you could go to free.grisoft.com and get AVG.

4:52 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I love it when a plan comes together. ;)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!

6:07 AM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

Ahh, but the McAfee software was already installed and the grisoft software does not block spam. :) Not to mention the very bad things that happen if you have more than one virus scanning software installed at the same time.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus