Saturday, December 02, 2006

Late Breaking Good? News

Last night at about 5:45 the phone rang. We almost didn't answer it because we were trying to get out the door to go to a Christmas Party for The King's work. I'm glad we did though! It was The Purple Dragon's doctor calling. Turns out she has strep after all. Poor kid. I took her in about a month ago to the doctor and they did a strep test but I didn't think that the nurse swabbed her really well and it came back negative. When the nurse swabbed her this time, the doctor was watching and said "oh no, that won't work" and did it herself. And now she has strep. I kind-of can't help but wonder if she's had it for the past month -- a stretch, I suppose, and probably not at all likely... but still.

Anyway, it's fixable. The antibiotics that she is on will work just fine to battle this yuckiness. She seems to be feeling better already - no fever this morning, for the first time since Thursday night. And she's actually willing to eat food. This is all good.

The King's work party was nice in that we got to sit by some very nice entertaining people. The food was OK. The games were OK. The White Elephants were sort-of OK - but I hate White Elephants. I think that if you are going to play the White Elephant game the expectations should be made clearly and be the same for everyone. Either it should be a White Elephant from your house, or it should be a store bough White Elephant (set your dollar limit). They did set a limit ($5), but a few people still brought 'junk' from their house. It really sucks when you spent money but you only get junk. I know, it's just a game, and half the time the stuff you buy is still junk but it's usually nice junk. Anyway. I just don't like the White Elephant game.

It's freezing cold here. Current temp is 22 at 10:00 am. Could be worse... it has been worse... but I'm freezing.

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

I love the white elephant game. David is doing it for his ham radio club, so today I had to wrap 60 gifts from around our house. He is providing ALL of the gifts. Muh.

9:03 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

i'm glad to hear that the littlest one is feeling better :)

hugs to all of you!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus