Thursday, November 30, 2006

Doctor, Doctor...

Give me the news!

It wasn't good news. But it wasn't bad news. I was able to get The Purple Dragon to the doctor at 8:45 am. Naturally she no longer had a fever. Apparently the Motrin I gave her at 6:30 this morning worked - the 6:30 temp of 104.4 was gone. All gone. The Purple Dragon was bouncing around the office singing. Her eyes were still glazed over though and she kept trying to pass out in the car on the way to the doctor's office - obviously not herself. The goal? Convince the doctor of that very fact.

I explained what our night had been like and everything we had done to cool our little girl off. The doctor seemed a bit skeptical of the noted temperatures, but didn't raise a fuss. She ordered a strep test...

[Mommy, I'll go the the doctor but PLEASE don't let them put a stick in my mouth!]

and she checked her ears...

[This one looks a little red, but it's not infected. Has she had an ear infection?]

checked for a rash...

[Nope... nothing there...]

and asked her to pee in a cup...

[I have a hard time doing that on command! So... lots of water and a couple of hours later...]

and everything came back negative.

We have no clue what is wrong with The Dragon. She now has a prescription for antibiotics (and so do I - I have a sinus infection!), and we are monitoring her.

Her fever went from 'normal' to 103 in 20 minutes at about 12:30. She slept from 2:00 until 5:00 - passed out. And still feverish. Her fever was still at 102 an hour and a half after I gave her more motrin.

She won't eat. She doesn't want to drink though I am doing everything I can to encourage her. She seems a little happier right now, but after sleeping for 3 hours, I think she just has a little energy boost. She is still feverish.

I was going to say that there is nothing worse than not knowing what is wrong with your child. But, there is something. Knowing what's wrong and not being able to fix it. So I'm OK. I'm worried a little, but I'm OK. I KNOW that kids sometimes get fevers for unexplained reasons - but they are usually not this HIGH of a temperature. So we are waiting to see what happens. They are doing a culture on her urine and maybe that will reveal more results. But we probably won't get the results until Monday. At least we have antibiotics. If it is some kind of infection, they can get to work fighting it.


Blogger dubby said...

I am sure the Pink Princess will be fine soon. She just wants more ice cream and hugs.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she feels well soon!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

outlined Take a piece of me

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus