Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve Recap

Wow, the last few days have been really, really busy! Time flies when you're... having fun? I suppose so! I am tired tonight, and I still have another blog entry to get out tonight, so how about I just give you a recap of Christmas Eve, and then we can catch up with Christmas tomorrow?

First off, The Dragon is feeling much better. After puking on the evening of the 23rd, she woke up on Christmas Eve in high spirits. I took her to the doctor anyway. All tests and evaluations came back negative for anything, including the rapid strep test. However, the doctor told me that she would've brought her child in too with a fever that high, and that she too would've thought it likely to be strep. But, for now all we can say is that it's a virus - or several viruses - because there's nothing that can be documented as anything else.

So, we went home and I continued with my last minute Christmas preparations such as wrapping presents, making cookies for Santa, making chocolate covered peanuts for a family party, and making "sweet meatballs" for the same family party. It was a busy afternoon.

That evening, we loaded everyone into the car and headed for Grandma's house. The party was very simple, but enjoyable, but towards 7:30, The Dragon was begging to go home. She wasn't feeling well. So we packed everything up, and headed home so that we could get ready for Santa Claus to arrive.

The girls got to open their one present - lo and behold! - pajamas! I think that The Princess is starting to catch on to this tradition. For The Dragon, it's still a big surprise! They loved their new, soft, matching PJs. I thought they looked pretty darn cute.



We made the girls get ready for bed, but then dragged them back downstairs so that they could leave a plate of cookies and a glass of milk for Santa. Of course, we had to set out some oats and sugar sprinkles for the reindeer too. Some people sprinkle their yard with the stuff, but we just leave them on the plate with the cookies. The reindeer seem to get their treat just fine! (We took the pictures before we remembered to set out the oats... oops!)



After that, it was time to read our nightly Christmas story. That's one of my favorite traditions - we read a Christmas story every night starting on December 1st through Christmas Day. And tonight, being Christmas Eve, well, there was no choice but to read "'Twas The Night Before Christmas."

After that, the kids were tucked into bed (while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads), and I continued my VERY last minute preparations for the big day. Like wrapping more presents (sigh!).

Finally, all was ready to go, and The King and I could finally go to bed ourselves! Dreamland has never been so sweet - I was tired!



Merry Christmas, everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Ohhhh - your girls are beautiful! (I almost bought the Goose those exact same pj's!).

I'm glad that everyone started feeling better and that you enjoyed a puke free Christmas! That's always a bonus! :O)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

Those PJs are adorable! I wish I could've found those instead of what I ended up with!

Sounds (and looks) like you had an amazing Christmas!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus