Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Latest Poop... er, Scoop!

We have been making great strides in toilet training at our house. As I have mentioned before, The Purple Dragon has been very stubborn about going potty. A few weeks ago she began having success at peeing in the potty, but we still had accidents. No poop at all. She was absolutely positive that she could not do it. She said that maybe she would when she was 6. :)

So over the past week or so, she has been more consistent - except for the poop. While frustrating, I'm not stupid - I'll take what I can get. It was just going to take some more time.

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday so I could buy The Purple Dragon more "pull-up" type diapers. As soon as she saw me putting them in the cart she started yelling "No diapers! I want real underwear! I don't want those! Real underwear!" Again, I'm not stupid. I headed straight over to the underwear aisle and we bought some Tinkerbell underwear instead. Nevermind that we already have Dora, My Little Pony, Scooby Doo, and probably a few other pairs of underwear at our house. If she wants underwear, underwear she is going to get.

She was so proud of herself! She loves wearing her new underwear! And today... POOP! She said she had to go potty, ran up to the bathroom, and a minute later was yelling "I did it! I put poop in the potty!"

We are so proud of her. Now she's begging to wear her underwear at night (we haven't had a dry night yet... not even close). I'm telling her after she puts poop in the potty a few more times I'll let her wear her underwear at night. I think I'm going to regret it though. (Too much laundry!) Then again, she's pretty willful. Maybe she'll be just fine.

In other news, The Pink Princess found a penny outside today. The Purple Dragon was sad because she didn't have one. Fortunately, I had another one so I gave it to her. The Princess said, "I think my penny is lucky!" The Dragon promptly replied, "I think my penny is YUCKY too!"

I received my last two rebates yesterday! Yeehaw!

We have decided on a birthday present for The Pruple Dragon. Sort-of. Sort-of for The Purple Dragon anyway. Well, it's for her. But it's also for our family. I'm way excited. Her birthday is September 12th. Should I tell you what it is or should I make you wait? Hm. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Oh, oh, oh, tell, tell, tell!

12:51 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I've forgotten what a brat you are :p

lol

11:35 AM  
Blogger dubby said...

Of COURSE we want to know. We PROMISE not to tell.....

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus