Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cassiopeia

Blog, I'd like you to meet Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia, Blog.

The newest member of our little universe has arrived. My laptop! Her name is Cassiopeia. Without getting into Greek Mythology, a succinct explanation would be the following:

Cassiopeia (constellation), a northern constellation representing the queen.

Appropriate, yes? The King named her for me, and I full-heartedly approve. However, The King did misspell it. :) (He insists that 'Casseopia' is an alternate spelling - it very well may be... what do you think?) The other cool part about the name is that it fits in with the rest of our computers: Mercury (my old machine), Titan, Jupiter, and I think we even have a Pluto.

At any rate, my laptop arrived today, and I thought that it was appropriate for my first REAL computer task to be posting on my blog.

I love the large screen (17"), the keyboard is full size (yes!), but the hand positioning to use the keyboard is going to take some getting used to, and the mouse still drives me nuts (one reason I postponed getting a laptop), but I am sure I will get used to it sooner... or maybe later. A lot later.

My mood is fairly content at the moment.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Welcome!

8:17 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

For Pete's Sake! Get a real mouse! Cordless.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Cassy. (You think I am going to try to spell it or get into that disagreement???)

7:00 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

cordless is the only way to travel. I hate the touchpad thingy. ick.

According to Wikipedia and Princeton it is spelled:
Cassiopeia

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus