Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Birthday Update

Today I celebrated my birthday.

I got a long distance call from my friend Dubby. She asked me if I was having a "happy" birthday. Sounds like a simple question, but I over-analyzed it and said something more along the lines of "I guess..." I think my response was more or less based on the fact that my day had been pretty much normal - nothing really "birthday-ish" had happened yet.

The King got me a card. He also brought home Chinese food for dinner.

Our friend John stopped by with a birthday card and present from his wife, Julie.

My friend Angie brought me a cute little gourd that was decorated as a witch.

My Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Brother, Sister-in-law, and Nephew came over for cake and ice cream.

My Grandpa gave me money.

My Brother, Sister-in-law, Other Brother and Other Brother's Girlfriend gave me a gift certificate to The Melting Pot with a coupon for free babysitting! What fun!

My Mom & Dad gave me a pretty sunflower tile, three matching pots (for plants), and a promise of money that can be used to getting new eye glasses.

The Princess and The Dragon worked very hard on a special present for me. They made a game where you had to match the descriptions with the person. Let's see how you do:

The "People" are:
1. Daddy (The King)
2. Mommy (The Queen)
3. The Princess
4. The Dragon
5. Gorge (George the Cat)

The statements are:

A. Likes every color in the rainbow
B. Likes sunflowers
C. Doesn't like the bathroom
D. Likes black panthers
E. Likes dragons

The answers are at the bottom of this post.

The best part, however, was the card. These little girls decided to add a post script. It said:

P.S. You are 34. Not 29.

Happy Birthday to ME! I guess it was pretty happy after all. :)

The answers to the guessing game are below:
1(D) 2(B) 3(A) 4(E) 5(C)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Woohoo! I got a hundred percent! Does that mean I get to join your family?

6:00 AM  
Blogger dubby said...

I didn't tell Dianna we talked about her staying with you in January. Do you think she will want to?

6:46 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Happy Birthday!!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus