Monday, November 05, 2007

Bad Things Come In Threes...

OK, so you know how somebody (or maybe that's plural) works in your family and brings home a paycheck every couple of weeks? And you know how you try really hard to create a budget and stick to it so that you might actually have three cents left in your bank account when the next blessed paycheck arrives?

Today was payday (though our deposit actually went in on Saturday - go figure)! OH HAPPY DAY! We LOVE payday around here. Is it a holiday at your house too? (BTW, there are no "rules" regarding the celebrations of paydays around here.)

As planned, half of our mortgage payment was automatically deposited into our special mortgage only checking account. If we did not take steps like this, we probably would not have a house to live in unless we built it out of my granola bar and instant oatmeal boxes that are currently our food storage. Anyway, I digress!

So, the mortgage has, in effect, been paid, and the rest of the money, well, the rest of the money has been almost entirely and completely spent in less than 48 hours. Impressive, no?

On Saturday our furnace broke. In addition to paying the "after-hours" fee, we also had to pay $250 to fix the "ignitor" or something like that. It had to be replaced. It apparently is not cheap, but without it, you cannot heat your house. At all.

Today I took my car in to get inspected. It should've been inspected in October, but I was a little busy and overlooked it. Well, the car COMPLETELY failed the safety test. In fact, I was told to "take the car home and park it and DO NOT DRIVE IT until it is fixed." It was that bad. I don't think the guy would've told me to take it home if he had realized that home was 15 miles or so, down the road.

Basically, we had problems with the tie rod on the passengers side, the ball joints on the drivers side, and the emergency brake required a new cable. $700 later, well, we have a working car. I shall find out tomorrow if it will pass the safety inspection now -- let me tell you, this is the most expensive "sticker" I have ever bought in my entire life.

So, I was pondering on what the third bad thing would be. The King reminded me that my eyeglasses broke on October 20th while I was riding "Wicked" at Lagoon. They need to be replaced, and that's not exactly a cheap fix. I'm just wondering if that's bad enough to count for our three things. Please say yes?

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Absolutely the eyeglasses count.

6:25 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

totally. You're covered.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus