Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy Day!

So, since I have decided to post every day for a year (yep, still insane and now you have proof), I've decided to try something new. Something, that I think will work rather well as long as I am home and/or my laptop is accessible. If I am away from home all day with no laptop, this might be problematic. But here's the idea:

One of the reasons I keep this blog is so that it can act like a journal of sorts. At least a journal of the happy times in our lives because when I write about the bad stuff, it usually backfires. Because I usually wait until the end of the day to write about my day, I miss a lot of the little "bright spots" that happen during the boring old "day to day" stuff. So, I thought I would try to start a post every morning and then add on to it as the day goes on. We shall see how this genius theory works, eh?

WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
I was very busy cleaning the royal bedroom yesterday and I found a teeny tiny envelope under my bed. I opened it, and found a teeny tiny letter tucked inside it. There was also a teeny tiny piece of blue "something." When I opened the letter, I read the following:

"Dear Laura, Here is a piece of my baseball shirt. Love, "The Princess"

Last Spring, when The Princess was playing baseball, I threw her shirt in the dryer, and the plastic-y letters fell apart. Apparently it was important enough to warrant this letter. Why this letter ended up under my bed, I have no clue. But I thought it was pretty funny.

WARNING! WARNING!
I know we've all read product 'warnings' before. Some of the funnier ones are the ones that tell us what we think would be painfully obvious, or the ones that warn us of the unthinkable (like dropping a toaster into the bathtub). Well, I discovered a new one this morning while I was eating breakfast at my Mom's house. She had an empty box of the Weight Watchers brand Giant Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream bars on her counter. Because there was nothing better to do, I started to read the box. This is what I read:

NOTICE: This product, when extremely cold, may stick to warm lips or tongue. Allow to warm slightly before eating.

I dunno, now that I've written it down it doesn't seem to be so funny. But it was funny at the time. :)

PAYDAY!
Let me tell you how much I appreciate all of you putting up with my little PayPerPost adventure. Thank you for reading through my products reviews, and even clicking on the links provided in those reviews to visit the applicable sites. Well, once I review a site or a product, there is a 30-day waiting period before I get paid. I've been completing reviews pretty regularly, but I've been waiting with bated breath to see if there will actually be a payout.

Today I got paid! All payments are made via PayPal, so it's really easy to transfer funds to whatever bank account I want. By the time January 31st rolls around, I will have been paid somewhere between $102.42 and $176.04. Big discrepancy, I know, but some of my posts haven't been approved yet (a potential glitch which is currently being researched by a staff member).

Want some extra cash? The opportunity is available to you too! You don't have to post reviews all the time, it's only when you want to. And if you sign up using the link below (or the one on the menu bar on the left), I'll get a bonus too! I really can't believe I'm getting paid to blog.



DANCING SHOES
The girls are really excited about the Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa. They are paying for dance lessons. Both girls start on Friday (at the same time, at the same place, but with different teachers!). Grandma and Grandpa are paying for the lessons, but I have to pay for the extras. Today we went and bought the shoes. $17 a pair! ACK! Still, I think the girls will really enjoy it. Hopefully it will be money well spent.

THE END
The King just got home, which means that one of us has to find some food to throw at the short people. I've got some projects to work on tonight, so I guess I'll end this for now... but be warned... you never know when I might be back. WATCH OUT!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

Glad that the Pay per post has worked so well for you! Question: You seem to have a lot more opportunities available to you than I have....do you know why? Many of the things you've blogged about I never saw on my qualified opportunities list, and I'm wondering if I should change a setting or something.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! that's great you are making some extra money do this. keep us posted on how it's going. you know, time vs money, etc. i'd be interested learning more about it.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I was going to ask that same question - you have seem to have oodles of opportunities and I've only had a couple. Please help! Oh and congrats on the money - they do pay and it's nice to have it come via PayPal. My nice little secret stash of money! :O)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus