Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's Time For Bed...

I used to read a book called "It's Time For Bed" by Mem Fox to the girls (Gail is very familiar with this book!). It's a sweet rhyming story about 'parent' animals putting their 'baby' animals to bed. "It's time for bed little goose, little goose, the stars are out and on the loose."

Anyway, it's cute. And the only reason I am writing about it is because I'm tired and the "it's time for bed" thought keeps running through my mind.

So I will share one little story with you, and then I am going to go to bed. OK? OK.

We had dinner at my Mom's house tonight. After dinner we were all sitting around doing nothing, and some of us started reading the paper. The Purple Dragon decided that she would read the paper too, and was soon occupied with the crossword puzzle. I know what you're thinking, she's too young for crossword puzzles. You're right. But what caught her attention was all the numbers that tell you where to put the words. So she was counting... (pay close attention, here!)... "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 16, 30, 19, 23, 16, 30..." I open my big mouth and say, "31, Dragon..." and she looks up at me, and says, "No, I can do it!" and starts all over. This time she gets up to about 21 when she throws her hands over her head and yells "These numbers are making me crazy!"

The King and I about died laughing. Maybe you had to be there.

But anyway, it's time for bed! Good night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

It's time for bed little mouse little mouse, darkness is falling all over the house :D

Sigh. I love that book. it's wonderful. I still say that to Amanda, "it's time for bed little mouse".

Loved the story! That Becca is way too much cuteness!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for bed little mouse little mouse, darkness is falling all over the house :D

Sigh. I love that book. it's wonderful. I still say that to Amanda, "it's time for bed little mouse".

Loved the story! That Becca is way too much cuteness!at Becca is way too much cuteness!

11:55 AM  
Blogger dubby said...

I agree with Becca

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus