Tuesday, July 11, 2006

When Death Calls...

I'm sitting at my desk trying very hard to organize our bills. We have a pile of new ones, and I'm trying to make sure that all my ducks are in a row, so to speak.

So here I am, working hard, when all of a sudden I hear this incessant buzzing. A fly. But no, this isn't your typical 'come buzz in your ear and then fly away' fly. This is a 'I'm gonna die right here on your desk' fly.

It's true. I've tried to help him many, many times, but he simply prefers to lie on his back (wings) and wiggle his legs in the air, and then buzz really loudly while he rapidly spins around in a circle. Then he rests. Then he starts all over again. I've tried to turn him over - I wrongly thought that maybe he was stuck on his back like a turtle - but he doesn't want to turn over. When I actually get him over, he kinda limps (yes! flies can limp!), and then flips back over to his back and starts his 'moaning and groaning' again.

I've thought about killing him - just to end his misery - but I can't really bring myself to do it. So I guess the only thing to do is hope that he dies soon so that he can stop suffering. And so that I can get back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Okayyyyyy -- that was strange.

7:50 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

you could have scooped him up on to a piece of paper and taken him outside to meet his maker. Just a thought.


Where are my pictures?

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus