Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Birds and the Bees

Arrivals of new babies are still very hard for me. They remind me of Nemo.

I try to be happy and gracious, and I usually pull it off well. But on the inside, it still hurts.

When we went to visit my sister-in-law in the hospital, The Dragon took one look at the baby, turned to SIL and said, "My Mommy had a baby in her tummy and it died."

I didn't really know whether to laugh or cry.

My SIL, thankfully only said something along the lines of "I know."

The topic of several discussions since then has revolved around babies, and if/when we might have another one, etc, etc, etc.

I honestly don't remember what I said that prompted this, but at some point during one of the conversations, The Princess turned and looked at me with a startled look on her face.

Her comment? "You don't get to pick when you have a baby!"

Apparently, they are just placed there when the time is right. I'm still waiting.

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Karen needs a baby. ;)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I hope the time is right soon!!!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

My prescription is the proper application of the husband on a regular basis. :) (hint-hint) :)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus