Lead Poisoning From Dinner Plates
Phew! I barely made it! I just got back from an all-night shopping spree (on a VERY small budget, mind you), and told The King that I had to hurry and post on my blog before it's "tomorrow."
And I made it!
I did A LOT of folding of laundry today. I also gave The Dragon a bath. Beyond that, I'm not sure I accomplished much of anything today.
I stopped at my Mom's house and watched "Get Gephardt" today. I'm sure you are aware of all the toy recalls due to lead recently. Well, apparently, it's not just toys - though there is NOT a recall currently in place for this danger! A little girl in Utah was very sick from lead poisoning - she got it from the breast milk of her mother, who got it from -- get this -- their dinnerware! We're talking PLATES here. The company is "Gibson" and their plates are sold at Wal-Mart and a variety of other places. Under federal law, the amount of lead that comes from these plates meets the regulations currently in place, but obviously, this is a big problem. If we're not supposed to have ANY lead in our bodies, well, getting lead from the very plates we eat off of is NOT OK.
Ironically, I own plates made by this company. We're not sick (or at least, not obviously sick), but, it's still rather disconcerting. We're going to try to get our plates tested through "Get Gephardt" but nothing is definite yet.
For the full story, visit KUTV's website.
I'm tired, so I'm going to go put some clothes away (so I can sleep on my bed) and then go to sleep!
Good night, everybody!